Interactive Creative Director Resume
Dana Communications | Princeton, NJ
7/2012 – 11/2016
Director of Interactive
- Direct and execute interactive design/UX projects ranging from mobile responsive CMS platforms, to custom Facebook applications
- Develop and manage online strategies and tactics across all interactive channels including social, email, search and mobile
- Identify interactive solutions for clients and internal processes
- Work with account management and sales to review budgets and timelines
- Pitch creative and interactive concepts to prospective clients alongside sales team
- Assign and manage external developers on multiple projects ranging from WordPress CMS websites, to ASP/.NET web applications
- Meet with agency teams to review project goals, create documentation and tighten processes
- Design and direct UI/UX concepts alongside the agency creative team
Oxford Communications | Lambertville, NJ
10/2011 – 7/2012
I managed the creative and interactive services groups at Oxford Communications. I also coordinated with the project management and account teams to improve process, job tracking and accountability throughout the organization. Since fads, trends and best practices are constantly changing in both the traditional and digital realms, I structured my team to learn and communicate effectively with each other, while managing their daily roles and responsibilities. What did it equate to? A team that backed each other up, took pride in their work and was poised to handle constant change; both internally and externally.
Experian CheetahMail | New York City, NY
6/2003 – 10/2011
- Achieve yearly revenue goals set by management and control departmental costs.
- Build and manage a high-performance design department to deliver innovative and engaging creative to a wide range of clients across the print and interactive mediums.
- Coordinate with sales team to assist and participate in new business pitches, RFP responses and prospect/lead generation.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with account teams to educate them on new creative techniques and technologies they can pitch to their clients.
- Advertise the creative team, and the strategic nature of the business, by speaking at industry events, webinars and client training sessions regarding industry best practices and the future of the interactive medium.
- Increased creative billings to become profitable within the first year of the departments inception (2003). Achieved financial growth averaging 40% YOY, with revenues exceeding $8MM in 2010.
- Grew the creative department from 1 member, to 30 interactive design professionals located in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Costa Rica.
- Achieved 97% client retention/satisfaction and worked closely with sales team to post a 2:1 pitch/win ratio across new business opportunities where creative played a part. Clients included Radio Shack, Delta Airlines, DirecTV, Disney, Electronic Arts, ABC.com, Nieman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Estee Lauder, AT&T, Oppenheimer Funds, Bass Pro Shops, Bergdorf Goodman, Benadryl, Hilton, Carnival Cruise Lines and Sirius/XM among others.
- Drafted and published over 30 blog posts, white papers and case studies on topics ranging from mobile design and social integration, to optimizing HTML for proper rendering across the major email clients. Several of my articles, and an interview, were published in DMNews and other trade publications.
- Presented at industry events, on-site client training sessions and webinars to audiences averaging 150+ attendees regarding interactive design, and how to optimize various types of creative for email, social and mobile applications. Regularly presented at company all-hands meeting on the state of the creative team, and directed the growth and development of the department.
PRMC Advertising | Morristown, NJ
2/2003 – 6/2003
Associate Creative Director
Wrote proposals and other pitch documents for presentation in client meetings. Managed the creative studio and handled all personnel issues. Led conceptual brainstorms and focus groups. Coordinated with other departments to meet project deadlines while staying under budget. Had final sign off on, and was responsible for, all the creative that left the studio.
Bates Advertising/CCG.XM | New York City, NY
1998 – 2003
Senior Art Director / Interactive Division
Art directed creative teams consisting of junior art directors, copywriters and designers. Led brainstorms and focus groups. Presented creative both internally and client-facing. Designed creative for both interactive and print. Coordinated with global offices to meet deadlines and client expectations. Wrote proposals, creative briefs, and handled personnel issues.
- Increased Studio Efficiency and Raised Design Standards:
Streamlined studio production/work-flow processes from project kickoff through to implementation. Increased the confidence level of the designers by holding weekly critiques. Successfully hammered in the philosophy that everything they design should have a clear objective and a user-focused reason for being.
- Award Winning Work:
Won the 2001 New York Festivals New Media Competition for a flash-based CD which showcased agency’s creative talents. Won Gold Effie award in 2000 and 2001 for interactive portion of an integrated, promotional campaign for Sauza Tequila. Served as judge in the 2002 New York Festivals New Media category.
- Broad Range of Client Experience:
Clients have included agency of record status in the USA for Pfizer Consumer Products, the U.S. Military, Allied Domecq, Hyundai, Moet & Chandon, and British-American Tobacco as well as design work for Coca-Cola, MapQuest, Stolichnaya Vodka, Kahlua, BMG, CVS Pharmacy, Pepsi, and Energizer among others.
Siemens Medical Systems | Iselin, NJ
1996 – 1997
Director of Multimedia
Responsible for managing the in-house multimedia center which supported company presentations, corporate events and creative project requests. Designed collateral and marketing materials for various departments. Managed and scheduled freelancers. Designed corporate presentations using Flash and PowerPoint, and maintained the company’s website.
The School of Visual Arts | New York City, NY
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design | Dean’s List
Somerset County Technical Institute | Somerset, NJ
Associate’s Degree in Illustration | Dean’s List
- Racing triathlon, playing basketball, mountain biking, and participating in charity events including a 500-mile bike ride from Canada to New Jersey
- Coaching my sons soccer team, learning pop songs to relate to my daughter, and teaming up with them both to build enormous Lego sets (Death Star included)
- Playing guitar and inspiring to bring the act on-stage……one day
SVA Alumni Association, Creative Directors Worldwide, Art Directors Club, NJ Ad Club